5 ways to maximise your kitchen storage
Storage is key to a happy kitchen life, and with more gadgets and table top appliances available than ever before, ensuring that the storage you have works hard is vital. When kitchens were designed and installed 20 years ago, hardly anyone had a coffee machine, or had to find a home for their nutribullet. So we’ve compiled 5 easy tips to make sure you make the most of your storage space.
- Corner solutions – We hear a lot of people groan at the thought of these, but don’t let your mind run away thinking of those old clunky carousel units, think of gliding wire baskets, pulling out affording 100% access to the darkest parts of your corner cupboards. No more decade old tins of tomato soup gathering dust!
- Internal drawers – Whether you opt to change out shelves in a standard base unit to pullouts or drawers, or simply add in an additional hidden drawer in a drawer pack. We tend to find the more drawers in a kitchen, the better.
- Adjustable shelving – Magimix too big for a standard shelf arrangement? Don’t worry, at Seymours we make our shelves adjustable, so that whatever size appliance or dish you’re trying to store, you’ll find a home for it with ease.
- Drawer internals – Drawers are great for kitchens, easy to access, soft close, and they look great. Why not personalise your kitchen further, with cutlery inserts, peg boards, dividers or a pantry box? These simple ideas can make a world of difference to your day to day enjoyment of your kitchen.
- Speak to a designer – The best way to find out what’s available as your ideal storage solution is to speak to someone who spends their days looking at kitchen storage options. Seymours offer a complimentary design service and are always happy to chat about your kitchen nightmares, and help you find a way to make your kitchen work for you.